Tuesday 29 November 2011

Desk Tidy?



Alter a Can is the new challenge over at Try it on Tuesdays, once again we are sponsered by the Craft Barn, with a gift voucher for the lucky winner.
The DT have some super examples again, so pop over for all the details.

So this started out as a can of Baked Beans, very delicious on a slice of toast.
I used sticky-back canvas to cover the tin, which had been stamped up using a variety of   Stampers Anonymous and Chocholate Baroque stamps. The trimmings are from my stash.
It is a realy useful container for my scraps of ribbon, lace and petals. Did you notice my title,  'desk tidy', it does help to have an aim, but my desk is always work in progress. I can never find a thing after a tidy-up session.

Thankyou for stopping by to take a look at my Altered Can, your comments are greatly appreciated.

13 comments:

  1. a great storage idea! And very, very fancy too! Love it Meggymay...I think I need some of these ~ for paint brushes, pens etc...will have to start eating baked beans!!!!lol...watch out!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Yvonne as always such gorgeous colour and style xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! It looks so pretty to be a can of beans! Thanks for the idea, I've been saving some cans myself!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely, no resemblance to a tin of beans any more! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely altered tin Yvonne, I have the empty tin in fact I've been using it for ages just never got round to alteing it......might have a go at this one
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours you've used here, a beautiful BB tin! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would have thought this was once a baked bean can! A gorgeous creation Yvonne. Love all the pretty embellishing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fab Yvonne and I love the idea of using sticky back canvas on the tin x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great altered can so pretty I have the same problem with finding things after I tidy my craft area. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty Yvonne, love the colours:) I'm in the process of trying to organise my craft room (read cupboard for that) and it needs more than a desk tidy!!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, your altered tin looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Yvonne. What a great idea to use the SBC on a tin. Beautiful project.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh..what a scrumptiously, delicious...altered can! i absolutely love it chickie! beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete