Wednesday 16 November 2011

Farmyard friends.



Week 3 of the On the Farm Challenges over at Gingersnap Creations.
The inspiration for this week is to come from 'Livestock'.  GC 126

Phew! I thought when I saw this theme, a little panic, what did I have that would suit this challenge,  get the thinking cap on.
Thankgoodness the  trusty Artistic Outpost stamps could be used again , an embossing folder of a tree. Raid the kitchen cupboard  for some seeds to feed the pigs and hens.
Add a few  grasses and trimmings, then colour and shade with watercolours and chalk.
So here is my result, a peaceful farm scene, with happy animals, free to roam.

Thankyou for stopping by to take a look, I realy appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Wow Yvonne! This is really neat! You created a perfect scence! The pigs look happy to me too!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work of art Yvonne, I would frame this if it were mine:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece with happy animals - just as it should be! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really fab Yvonne, love those three little pigs(!) and love how the grain spills out of the picture. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That theme would have had me totally stumped, but you've done a brilliant job Yvonne, I absolutely LOVE your card x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Yvonne. I agree with Valerie. I would frame this. Brilliant project.
    Regards Florence x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your thinking cap did a great job, this card is FANTASTIC. Love the use of the seeds, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Yvonne what a brilliant project, seeds are a lovely finishing touch
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, the little pigs are so cute.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so eye-catching! I love the scene that you created and the seeds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab ! gotta love those little piggwigs !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card with fab ideas , love the seeds..must admit I am having to think really hard for this challenge...still thinking!!!brace x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is charming--love how you used the seeds--
    perfect for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Yvonne this is just so delightful love the piggie the dimemtion well everything about it :)
    Von xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fabulous card! LOVE all the dry embossing details! LOVE IT! :)

    ReplyDelete