Saturday 4 February 2012

Sitting Pretty



When I read that the new challenge for February  over at Happy Daze was  Love,- 'A technique you love to use'. I didn't realise how difficult it would be to focus on one thing. So forgive me for letting a few favourites creep into this piece.

The first Stamping--stamps used Stampotique and  Studio 490.
Then came grunge ,- paint, distress and generally getting inky- I used a selection of inks and sprays for the clock dial.. The pocket watch is an Art Parts shape.
Last, the collage -with a quick trawl over the desk at the bits and bobs that might be useful, adding a couple of metal embellishments.

It is a dull winters day here in the U.K , so the photos were a problem, not as sharp as I would have liked.


The Stampman Challenge this time is 'Embellish It. So I will enter my Pocket watch here as well.


Thankyou for stopping by to take a look, I realy appreciate your comments.

15 comments:

  1. Oh Yvonne! What a lovely project. So pretty.
    Regards Florence xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and love the stamps you have chosen.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Yvonne, love the colours, love the stamps and love the design xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! And that little pocket watch is such a brilliant idea!! Cxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks lovey Yvonne, lots of different elements and techniques
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a really lovely project, so many pretty elements. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love this piece everything fits so well together.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Yvonne, love all of your superb techniques and gorgeous stamping the addition of the clock face is magic !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fantastic idea, looks really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely Yvonne. I love all the little details and embellishments. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man.
    Are you going to Beamsley in March..if so I will see you then.
    Siobhan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the use of the art parts and the moon girl sits there just perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  12. However did I miss this beautiful timepiece Yvonne, smack my hands... its gorgeous. Thank you for playing along with us at Happy Daze, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay Moon Girl! Just love your creation, thanks so much for sharing with us at Happy Daze, good luck :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely :D
    Thanks for entering the Happy Daze challenge this month :D
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete