Friday 22 November 2013

Bless My Mess


Some days, it is good to play  with your crafty stash.  No plans, no expectations, go with the flow, forget what you should be doing, have some fun.   This afternoon I actually managed this.
I had seen that the Stampotique Designer Challenge was ' A Splat of Paint on your work.
Just the prompt that I was looking for, nothing I like better than an excuse to create a bit of mess.


I decided to make a small hanging using these Stamptique images, which were water coloured.
The base is recycled packaging painted with acrylic paint, Mermaid blue and  Mocha.  A tatty piece of Kraft card to mount my top layer on.
It was great fun 'splatting ' with paint. I have to admit I watered the acrylic  paint down a bit so it would flick off the brush easier.
By this time the whole bench was dotted [and me].  It took longer  to wipe things down than splash them.
Even the fibers  look  tatty and messy.

Thank you for stopping by, I do realy appreciate the comments you leave.

20 comments:

  1. What a great messy time you had Yvonne and with fabulous results. Love the tattered card and fibres and the splattered image. Lovely when you can just play isn't it?
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun image, and looks like you had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE!!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice tag, I have this stamp sometwhere too, its just an amazing creation , thanks for sharing it!!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! Love the quote, and the quirky feeling to this one! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely fun in this one Yvonne! Those fibres look fab & I love the image....off to a craft fair this morning & hoping to play later....have a good w/e,

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable with so many textures and the fun image you used

    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A brilliant mess, Yvonne!

    Those fibres are such a fab addition and the colours are perfect!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super tattered look to this little hanging. I love the image and the pain splatters. Looks like fun.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous splattered 'mess' Yvonne, love that stamp too x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved the title of your post already and it looks as if a you had great fun getting messy with fabulous results! Love those fibres and great colours too! Just playing can be so much fun isn't it! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a great sentiment! This is fabulous and I love what you have done with that awesome image! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you, some things can be over thinked!
    Thanks so much for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this beautiful mess! Lovely colours and textures

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can completely see how much fun you had - it sings out of every square inch of this fabulous make... I love it!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! love this artistic project! colors are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fab! I'm glad the prompt led you to having fun. Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How quirky is this Yvonne so glad you just played, fabby.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful project, love the use of the corrugated cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your quote had me smiling before I saw the image, which made me smile even more. That could be me! Love it!

    ReplyDelete