Monday 29 December 2014

Sparkle and Shine


Sparkle and shine  was the prompt for week 50 at Journal 52


This is how the page started out.
Faces from a stencil and some texture  embossing using Glass Bead Golden Gel medium. It was  sitting around waiting  for a bit of inspiration to happen. That sounds better than the fact  I forgot about it.

I added a little random stamping to the background and chose a couple of colours to spray the page with Summer sky ,Storm Cloud [Prima Bloom sprays] and white gesso

The Lamp post is an Alterations  die cut.
next the fun bit with the glitter.
It goes with out saying that the glitter covered me, the desk, carpet , no where is safe when the top comes off this pot.
I hope you all have made your wish , as I'm sure my lady in the shadows  must have done, especially when the glitter pot appeared.

I am also going off to visit with  friends at Art Journal Journey and wish them all a Happy New Year. Thank you all for this fantastic blog site, it  is so inspirational, I realy enjoy taking out my journal these days, as a way to relax and try out new ideas.


Thank you for calling by, the comments you leave for me are always appreciated.


12 comments:

  1. Lovely page, love that golden medium, must try it. Such a good,look xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your pretty sparkly page, and yes I've been covered in glitter for a couple weeks now!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this journal page, a bit of glitter and shine is always good! Hope you are well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely, softly coloured page. Sparkling is fabulous, too.
    I wish you dear Yvonne a most happy new year xx
    Hugs,
    Sirkka

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful page Yvonne and lovely to see how it started out and then the finished one.

    Hope you had a great Christmas

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that glitter....it DOES go everywhere does it not!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sparkle (but yes, I resent the glittery aftermath)... and beautiful subtle colours here. I'm just starting my Art Journal Journey, but already love being there!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful page, Yvonne. I love the colours and the layer of glitter.
    I wish you a Happy and Creative New Year! Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colours, images and cute designs in general. As always you amaze me...xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA, I know what you mean about the glitter! At Christmas time, even my dogs are covered with it! Gorgeous page Yvonne, love the lamp post and that glass bead gel! Stunning! until next time, big new years hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an interesting effect! Love your sparkle and shine journal page! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete