Tuesday 2 December 2014

Winds of change


 I have been trying for days to get a reasonable photo of this Journal page.
 Fate played its hand, so I can now share it in two places.


Its a collage piece using scraps of papers and materials, which always seem to remain on my desk. I may have a lot of imagination here, but I did think the pieces together [photo on left] look a bit like a church.
There is no step by step, or how I made it, the colours and layers were added over days, depending on what was to hand. You can see I used the same stamps that I used here  for my Speed Craft card last week 
http://meggysway.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/a-speedy-card.html

I started this page originally for Journal 52 week 47, my prompt was 'wise words'.
Then today the very talented folk over at Art Journal Journey,
announced their  December theme -- Collage. 
AJJ has been inspirational for me, I am trying things I never imagined  I would and learning about so many Artists along the way.

Thank you for stopping by, the comments you leave for me
 are always appreciated.

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous scenery - and I so love the texture in this page!

    GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful page Yvonne! It has lots of interest with the textures and all the stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, a very inspiring quote....and a lovely spread. I'm trying to keep up with Journal 52 but have decided that I'm ok with missing weeks so long as I enjoy doing the ones I manage to do! It can't become a chore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is GORGEOUS! So glad you were inspired to join us at Art Journal Journey! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to run my fingers over this page! Totally gorgeous and I love that texture. Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wise words indeed! Lovely spread.

    Sally (still reeling!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful AJ page. It's so vibrant and well done. Gorgeous texture, too.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful collage Yvonne with many things of interest to admire.

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic collage Yvonne, with lovely colours and textures.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What stunning collage, Yvonne! Love the texture and I adore those super images.
    Great job!
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your journal page is just gorgeous Yvonne. So much to capture the eye and beautifully composed. Love it.

    Sorry I have been MIA but I am going to scroll down to see what I have missed.

    Miss you already sweets.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful collage Yvonne, so creative!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an amazing page, I really can feel the storm when I see this, great ART , great colours and image!! Super!!

    Greetings
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliantly designed collage once again....super colours as well..
    aNNie xx
    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}
    I have CANDY..,.http://thejourneyisthestart.blogspot.com.au/2014/11/brea-ornament.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very interesting work, great done. Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely a new favourite for me - this is really really special, Yvonne. I adore the subtle natural colour palette, and the beautiful textures and layers... just wonderful!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Yvonne, this is incredible! Your scene has so much life, I can almost feel the wind on my back! Love your quote, so perfect! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This page has fantastc movement i it and so much going on. Really super. xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow what an amazing piece of artwork - brilliantly created

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yvonne! your journal page is STUNNING! Beautiful effects throughout... you are so talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous textured magical scenery.
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful page!
    Groetjes Karin

    ReplyDelete