Sunday 18 January 2015

Journal Pages AJJ and J52


I am realy enjoying journalling at the moment, perhaps its because.  I am doing things just for fun,
 with no pressure and deadlines to meet.
This first page is for Journal 52 week 3 the prompt was Conversation Starters.
Recently at my Reading Group Meeting we began,  by talking about the Crime Thriller we had all just read.
Going on to crime and how it  could effect the way we live, then ending up with our favourite childhood books.  How did we get there, who knows.  But the result was that we all loved the way the books of our childhood days, were a part of how we played with each other and the games of make believe that were there in the pages  for  us to discover. Those were the days. In case you wonder, my favourite book was The Secret Garden by Francis Hodgson Burnett and because of that afternoon meeting I have just finished reading it again. I won't tell you how many years passed in between.

Next is another page for Art Journal Journey


The Monthly theme for January is to take Inspiration from the Masters.
I chose an old master for my first page Da Vinci .  After seeing all  the varied and extensive range of artists that inspire everyone in different ways  over at AJJ  and Susi's  piece inspired by  Dina Wakley,
 I thought yes, I would follow this path.
 That and the fact I have just received her latest book, I thought well , I do love her style and have many of her products,  so give it a go.

Thank you for stopping by the comments you leave for me are always appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. Love your journal pages, I just wish I could get started, one day hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are such great journal pages! I really love the colored stack of books! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so like your first page about books ( Have been a bookseller for about 20 years) and what you have written about the books of the childhood! And your Dina inspired page is just awesome ... thank you dear Yvonne for being with us over at Art Journal Journey for each theme! That makes me really happy!
    xoxoxoSusi
    Have a Happy New Week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both pages are beautiful, and thanks so much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey!
    Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both amazing pages Yvonne with wonderful colours and stand out images.

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful AJ-pages. Especially love the Vakley interpretation.
    Have a nice week, Yvonne,
    hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are enjoying the journaling - it is nice to create just for the heck of it :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I like both of your Journal pages - Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both pages!
    So nice that you're immersing in the process without ties to the outcome. After all, that's where the Medicine of creative expression resides ~ enJOY it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the stack of books on the first page, and the words on the second are too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful journal pages, Yvonne! Love the books image.
    Hugs, Mar

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both of your interesting pages Yvonne, The colourful stack of books looks very inviting.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Yvonne! Glad you're enjoying your art journaling; these pages are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow mwonderful pasges,love it to much.


    xxx Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both pages are amazing - cannot decide which I like best.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are both wonderful pages... I just love the vivid colours of the pile of books against the soft neutral layers of the background, and the second page just zings out at the viewer - fab! I'm enjoying journalling too at the moment - don't know why it should feel freer than creating on a tag or canvas, but it does, doesn't it?!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete